Are you a work-from-home professional? Does your job entail a lot of work away from the office and in your home space? Do you plan to eventually move out of your job and set up your own office at home? Whatever may be the case, if you need an office space inside the house, you need to plan it when you are building the house. Here are a few reasons incorporating a home office into your house plan is important:
- Power usage: A home office has power requirements entirely different from and much higher than what a house would require. For example, using a laptop or desktop with a printer, scanner, and a telephone will require numerous power sources of higher capacity. You will need to plan the wiring for the home office area based on the usage, which needs to be done when the house is being built.
- Ventilation: Office equipment can give out a lot of heat, and electronic items need to be cooled constantly to avoid malfunctioning and damage. It is, therefore, important to ensure your home office is well ventilated, either naturally or artificially. This needs to be planned when the house is being built to incorporate these specifications.
- Lighting fixtures: Homes usually have diffused and soft lighting. Offices, on the other hand, need bright lights that illuminate the entire space. Home lighting fixtures and wiring will almost never work for a home office setup. It is, therefore, best to include such plans when building the house so you can plan the wiring and lighting from the beginning.
Tips to incorporate an office space inside your home
- Include a home office space in the building plan for your home from the beginning.
- Plan on the right electrical and other work for the office space before you start building to avoid rework later.
- Ensure the work space has ample light and ventilation at all times so it does not feel stuffy or dark.
- Make the office space easily accessible but separate it from the living area for peace and quiet when you work.
- Choose the colors for your office space carefully, and do not try to match it with the rest of the house. If it needs to be different, that is perfectly fine.
If you do not eventually plan to work from home, you can convert this space into a study area for your kids or a library for yourself and your spouse. You can even use the space to set up a workshop for your hobbies and passions outside of work.
Make your home a perfect Florida lifestyle home! For any custom amenity you want, contact Stanley Homes in Melbourne FL at 321-684-7761 or contact us via email. We are currently building in Viera’s Seville and Valencia at Addison Village communities. If you are looking for a move in ready home please check out our current inventory homes that are built and ready. We have the knowledge and experience building custom luxury homes in Brevard, so you can rest assured that your home will be built exactly to your specifications. With a custom home from Stanley Homes you can customize it exactly how you want so your family will love it. Stanley Homes’ designers and planners can help you build the best home for your lifestyle. With convenient locations in Brevard we can help you plan your new construction home to your exact needs. Florida Style of Living Homes from Stanley Homes in Brevard.