A little extra “goodness” in your living space is never a bad thing! Here are a few ways to add some of these lucky elements to each room in your home. You don’t have to be a full on expert, just target the areas of your home that you’re not satisfied with. For example, if you spend a lot of time in your kitchen and living room but your bedroom feels like you’re missing something, start there!
- Get rid of all distractions like the TV, computer, and any other clutter. This may take some time to do but ultimately the goal is to turn your bedroom into a place of rest, relaxation, healing and to generate love. If your home is big enough move some of these items into a different room and anything that doesn’t have a “home” move to the garage for your next garage sale!
- When you walk into your room does it feel inviting or chaotic? Make sure your bed is easily accessible from both sides, that you have two end tables (one on each side of the bed) and that your bed is not in direct line with your door. You should be able to see easily who enters and leaves the room from your bed. Keep all doors in your home closed, closets, bathrooms, and bedroom doors to allow the positive energy to flow freely.
- How’s the lighting? If your room seems too bright, invest in a dimmer for your light switch or add a lamp to one of your end tables for softer lighting. Candles are a great source of light, but use caution when burning candles anywhere in your home and make sure you extinguish the flame before leaving any room.
- Does the air in your bedroom seem stuffy? Open your windows during cleaning and be sure to dust often as this also helps for you to breathe easier. Keep air filters and fan blades clean as well. Plants are usually not recommended in Feng Shui practices for your bedroom unless your bedroom is really large and the plant is far from your bed.
- What does your bedroom décor say? Images generate a lot of energy so be aware of the pictures you choose to decorate display what you want to generate in your life. If you enjoy traveling, nature, or symbols of love, incorporate these pieces of art in a relaxing setting and avoid using images that show sorrow, sadness, and loneliness.
- Lastly, what is the color palette in this room? Feng shui experts recommend using natural skin tones rather than bright bold colors. Stay away from reds as these colors are used in high traffic/energy areas like kitchens and offices to generate lots of energy.
You can apply all these same tips to every room in your home just do your research as to what paint colors, art, and where to place various items to create a positive energy flow. The internet can help you find out more specific details if you really want to change the whole look and feel of your home.
info courtesy of fengshui.about.com/od/love/qt/perfectbedroom.html
East Coast, FL Home Builder Stanley Homes – Jason Stanley, OWNER Stanley Homes is one of the areas fastest growing new home builders. We specialize in affordable custom homes on the East Coast of Florida in areas including Melbourne, Fl., New Smyrna Beach, Fl., Suntree, Fl., Viera, Fl., Rockledge, Fl., Malabar, Fl., Titusville, Fl., and throughout Brevard & Volusia County, Fl. Call us 321-684-7761