This morning, Stanley Homes, new home builder of Brevard & Volusia County, received a heartfelt thank you letter for our “generous” contribution to The Women’s Center. This got us thinking here, now that you have your beautifully built custom home in one of our 7 new home communities, a clean slate from the start of New Year, how can we be more generous in our everyday lives? Generosity as defined by Wikipedia is the habit of giving without expecting anything in return.
Generosity comes in many forms. Whether you donate to a local charity, give change to the less fortunate, or volunteer your time we wanted to share some additional ways to be generous with your time.
- Answering the phone rather than allowing it to go to voice mail
- Being willing to change your opinion
- Noticing someone
- Looking up, making eye contact, and sincerely listening when someone is talking
- Rejoicing in someone else’s victory
- Sitting with someone else’s pain
- Listening to someone else’s music
- Eating at someone else’s favorite restaurant
- Giving up your urge to make a point or be acknowledged as being right
These are just a few of the little things you can do daily at work or at home to spread generosity throughout. Random acts of kindness are contagious.
East Coast, FL Home Builder Stanley Homes – Jason Stanley, OWNER Stanley Homes is one of the areas fastest growing new home builders. We specialize in affordable custom homes on the East Coast of Florida in areas including Melbourne, Fl., New Smyrna Beach, Fl., Suntree, Fl., Viera, Fl., Rockledge, Fl., Malabar, Fl., Titusville, Fl., and throughout Brevard & Volusia County, Fl. Call us 321-684-7761
Bullet points courtesy of http://www.projecthappilyeverafter.com/2013/02/the-generosity-of-everyday-moments/