Building new homes in Suntree FL with Stanley Homes in the community of San Marino Estates is only part of having the home of your dreams. To ensure it remains how it should be and always looks its best, you have to take care of every part. Your floors are where quite a bit of damage may occur, making it one of the more important places to focus your attention.
With Stanley homes Laminate wood flooring is a very popular upgrade when building new homes in Suntree fl. Many of our customers choose to put the laminate wood in the study and master bedroom to give their custom home a richer look. Stanley Homes used this particular look on their model located at 1323 Alto Vista Dr., Melbourne FL 32940 and it came out stunning. With Stanley Homes having so many choices of laminate flooring when building new homes in Suntree FL ,many customers inquire if there is a special way to take care of their floors.
Below are just a couple of tips to maintain laminate floors after building new homes in Suntree FL.
- Use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen. Never allow liquids to stand on your floor.
- For tough spots, such as oil, paint, markers, lipstick, ink, or tar, use acetone/nail polish remover on a clean white cloth, then wipe the area with a damp cloth to remove any remaining residue
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum the floor regularly with the hard floor attachment (not the beater bar) to prevent accumulation of dirt and grit that can scratch or dull the floor finish.
- Periodically clean the floor with cleaning products made specifically for laminate floor care, such as Shaw’s R2X Hard Surface Cleaner,
- Do not wash or wet mop the floor with soap, water, oil-soap detergent, or any other liquid cleaning material. This could cause swelling, warping, delamination, and joint-line separation, and void the warranty.
- Do not use steel wool, abrasive cleaners, or strong ammoniated or chlorinated type cleaners.
- Do not use any type of buffing or polishing machine.
- For spots such as candle wax or chewing gum, harden the spot with ice and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the flooring surface. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- A more frequent dust-mopping or vacuuming schedule may be required in very sandy areas such as
If you do not take care of them, regardless of the type they are, they will become ruined over time. Dirt builds up and destruction tears away at their beauty, which causes them to become an eyesore in your home. Avoiding this type of problem is possible with proper care. As long as you know what to do and how to care for your flooring, no matter what type they are, you can have them last for many years. If you have any questions about any of our new homes in Suntree Florida, please feel free to stop by our model home in San Marino Estates or call 321-684-7761.