Are you dreading the heat of the approaching summer? Do you enjoy beach time in Florida but not the stifling heat it creates at home? Are you wondering if there are ways to keep your home cool even when outside temperatures soar? Here are a few tips that can help you stay cool and comfortable this summer in your Florida home:
- Unplug devices when not in use: Plugged in devices, even when not in use, can generate a lot of heat if left on all day. The small red and green lights that glow on plugged-in devices, along with the heat that charging units give off can considerably increase the temperature inside your home. Switch off and unplug devices in the house that are not in use so the ambient temperature in the house stays cool.
- Use breathable bed linen: Cotton and bamboo bedding breathes much better than silk and wool. Cotton and bamboo fibers also stay cool as they do not retain heat. Use these materials for your bed linen during the summer months so your bed stays cool no matter the outside temperatures.
- Use natural and cool artificial lighting: Let in natural light using skylights and large windows all over the house, especially early in the day when it is still cool outside. For artificial lighting, use light sources that do not emit a lot of heat when they are switched on so that they do not increase the ambient temperature in your home.
- Ensure good ventilation in your home: Ensure that there are enough windows and doors to let air circulate all over the house and ensure warm air does not stay inside your home. The best time to ventilate your home is early in the morning when there is a cool breeze blowing and you can use it to cool your house down for the day.
- Use thick drapes and blinds during the day: If you have windows that face East or West, get thick drapes or blinds for them and let them remain shut all the time. This will keep the heat of the direct sun out and keep your home relatively cool and pleasant.
- Install ceiling or portable fans: Ceiling fans can help circulate air and make your home feel less stuffy and stifling in peak summer heat. Ceiling and portable fans can also help cool down the air in the house and make it comfortable and pleasant.
Follow these small and simple tips and see the difference they make to the temperatures inside your home.
Make your home a perfect Florida lifestyle home! For any custom amenity you want, contact Stanley Homes in Melbourne FL at 321-369-9160 or contact us via email. We are currently building in Viera’s Seville and Valencia at Addison Village communities. If you are looking for a move in ready home please check out our current inventory homes that are built and ready. We have the knowledge and experience building custom luxury homes in Brevard, so you can rest assured that your home will be built exactly to your specifications. With a custom home from Stanley Homes you can customize it exactly how you want so your family will love it. Stanley Homes’ designers and planners can help you build the best home for your lifestyle. With convenient locations in Brevard we can help you plan your new construction home to your exact needs. Florida Style of Living Homes from Stanley Homes in Brevard.