Do You Think Our Luck Has Come To An End? Stanley Homes
Reading the Florida Today this afternoon I came across an article that was talking about how much luck we have had in the past 9 years to not experience a catastrophic hurricane. Stanley Homes, Custom Home Builder of Brevard & Volusia Counties, remembers very clearly what kind of damage was created many years ago and would like to offer some suggestions on how to keep your home and family safe as hurricane season approaches us once again. Let’s hope we make it another 9 years in the clear! Luckily, with hurricanes you usually have a little more time to prepare yourself for what is to come. First Things First:
- Put together an emergency kit that includes a three-day supply of drinking water and food you don’t have to refrigerate or cook; first aid supplies; a portable NOAA weather radio; a wrench and other basic tools; a flashlight; work gloves; emergency cooking equipment; portable lanterns; fresh batteries for each piece of equipment; clothing; blankets; baby items; prescription medications; extra car and house keys; extra eyeglasses; credit cards and cash; important documents, including insurance policies.
- Move anything in your yard that can become flying debris inside your house or garage before a storm strikes.
- Become familiar with your community’s disaster preparedness plans and create a family plan. Identify escape routes from your home and neighborhood and designate an emergency meeting place for your family to reunite if you become separated. Also establish a contact point to communicate with concerned relatives.
When Building or Remodeling:
- Replace gravel/ rock landscaping with shredded bark
- Keep trees trimmed/ cut weak branches
- Install impact resistant windows or impact resistant shutters
Hurricanes can be quite devastating so above all remain calm, be prepared and rest assure that you have done what is necessary to protect your belonging and loved ones as much as possible. For more details or information on preparing for a hurricane, click here. East Coast, FL Home Builder Stanley Homes – Jason Stanley, OWNER Stanley Homes is one of the areas fastest growing new home builders. We specialize in affordable custom homes on the East Coast of Florida in areas including Melbourne, Fl., New Smyrna Beach, Fl., Suntree, Fl., Viera, Fl., Rockledge, Fl., Malabar, Fl., Titusville, Fl., and throughout Brevard & Volusia County, Fl. Call us 321-684-7761