How To Select The Perfect New Home Builder
Selecting the right home builders for your wants/needs and for the type of new home you seek is one of the most important decisions you’ll make in your home buying process.
Fortunately,Stanley Homes have some proven ways to speed up the research and selection process and to help ensure that you find a quality builder who’s a good match to construct your new home.
10 Steps to Select the Right Builder
- Define your needs. What size, type and price range of home do you need? Stanley Homes has many floor plans for you to choose from.
- Experience counts. While every builder was once a new builder, experience matters. With over 12 years of experience Stanley Homes is the experienced home builder you are looking for.
- Are past buyers satisfied? Just take a look at customer testimonials that will be avaiable to view on www.StanleyHomesInc.com
- Verify the builder is licensed (where required) and adequately insured. Stanley Homes agrees.
- Is there a design fit? Does this builder have expertise in the style of home you seek? Stanley Homes designs every residence with your family in mind.
- Warranty and service. How does this builder stack up for each? Stanley Homes has the best warranties and services in the industry.
- Resale value. Have past homes from this builder maintained or increased value? Homes built by Stanley have best resale value, call today to learn more.
- Industry involvement. Is the builder a member of the local Home Builder’s Association? You will find that Stanley Homes is a member of the National Association Of Home Builders, and many more associations.
- Tour model homes or customer homes. There’s absolutely no substitute for this step. Stanley Homes agrees, there is no substitute for this step. Thats why we have several model homes set up to show to potential buyers.
- Look for signs of quality. In workmanship, materials and practices when you tour these homes. Every Stanley built home speaks for itself. Quality and craftsmanship is on issue.
Here’s a bit more detail on each step above:
Define your needs: While some builders construct a broad range of homes, many builders also specialize in a specific type of home, price range, or style. For example, not many firms build starter homes for first-time buyers and also multi-million dollar homes for affluent custom home buyers. The building materials, trade contractors and even the building process itself can differ greatly by type and price of home. Stanley Homes is here to make it simple for you.
Are past home buyers satisfied? Many builders offer customer references and referrals. If not, ask. And in either case, follow up. A few great questions to ask: Would you buy another home from this builder? Or recommend them to close friends or family? And don’t forget to ask for the key reasons why a past home buyer would or would not recommend a builder. Just take a look at customer testimonials that will be avaiable to view on www.StanleyHomesInc.com.
Is the builder licensed and insured? Not every state or area requires builders to be licensed, but make sure that you work with a licensed builder in such areas. Ask about the insurance that the builder and his or her trade contractors carry. Make sure that they and you are covered during the building process.