Deciding On A One Story or Two Story Home When Building A New Home
Have you decided to build or buy a house for yourself and your family? Buying or building a home is always a big decision, one that warrants a lot of thought and planning. Do you have very specific ideas on what you want your new home to have? Are you confused whether to go for a one-story or a two-story house? Are you wondering how to make a decision? There are a number of factors you should consider before making such a major decision.
When does a one-story house make sense?
- If you like open house plans and want your home to look big and spacious, a single-story house would make sense.
- If there is a large piece of land available and you can afford it, a single-story home spread out on the land would work well.
- If you have old people or very small children in the family, avoiding stairs and building your house on a single level is a safe option.
- Building a one-story house is usually less expensive provided you have the amount of land you need for building.
When should you think about a two-story house for yourself?
- If you have a small piece of land available but you need to build a house with multiple bedrooms, bathrooms, and garages, dicing the home between two floors would make sense.
- If you wish to have a large front lawn or a good-sized pool in your backyard, a two-story home will help you keep a lot of the land free from construction.
- Two-story homes help separate living areas and provide a good amount of privacy and insulation from outside noise.
- Two-story homes have less roofing and outdoor walls, so they are easy and less expensive to maintain over a period of time.
Ultimately, it depends on what you need and what you have. If you have older people or small kids in the house, avoiding stairs is preferable. If you have less land and more money, two-story houses are the way to go. If you have a lot of land but a limited budget, one-story homes can fulfil your requirements.
When searching for houses or land for building your home, it is good to have an idea of what you want and need in your new home. However, it is best to keep an open mind and be flexible about the overall plans for the house.
If you want a custom built home in Viera by the best home builder in Brevard contact Stanley Homes in Melbourne at 321-684-7761 or contact us via email. We have the knowledge and experience building custom luxury homes in Viera, so you can rest assured that your home will be built exactly to your specifications. With a custom home from Stanley Homes you can customize it exactly how you want so your family will love it. Stanley Homes’ designers and planners can help you build the best home for your lifestyle. With convenient locations in Brevard we can help you plan your new construction home to your exact needs. Florida Style of Living Homes from Stanley Homes in Viera.