5 Swimming Pool Safety Tips for Summer
Now that summer is here and you are spending more time outside at yournew home in Melbourne, FL, you should review a few swimming pool safety tips. Whether you enjoy a refreshing swim in the morning before the sun is too hot at your community pool or grilling out by your pool on beautiful summer evenings, it never hurts to stay up to date on safety. Here are 5 tips from Stanley Homes for staying safe and cool at your pool this summer. Share your best pool tips with us on Facebook.
1. Never swim alone. Always swim with a friend or family member at your new home in Melbourne, FL. You should also always supervise your kids when they are swimming. If you are swimming at your community pool, you should also always listen to the lifeguard on duty and swim only during pool hours.
2. Take swim lessons. If you, your friends, family, kids, or guests do not know how to swim, then take swim lessons before swimming at your pool or community pool. Even if your pool is not very deep, anyone using the pool should have basic swim lessons as a safety precaution.
3. Put up a fence around the pool at your new home in Melbourne, FL. A fence and self-latching gates will help keep kids and animals out of your pool when you are not supervising them.
4. If you are worried about your kids using the pool when you are not home or without supervision, you can also install gate alarms. Gate or water based alarms will let you know if someone is in your pool without your knowledge.
5. Use flotation devices around the pool at your new home in Melbourne, FL. Flotation devices are not a substitute for swim lessons, but they are helpful. Flotation devices are also fun if you would like to relax in your pool.
East Coast, FL Home Builder Stanley Homes – Jason Stanley, OWNER Stanley Homes is one of the areas fastest growing new home builders. I specialize in affordable custom homes on the East Coast of Florida in areas including Melbourne, Florida, West Melbourne Florida, Suntree Florida, Palm Bay Florida, Viera Florida, and throughout Brevard County, Florida, . Toll Free 321-684-7761