10 Steps to Get Those Family Photos Hung Properly by Stanley Homes, Premier Home Builder
Don’t know what to do with all those pictures and wall art you’ve been collecting over the years? Stanley Homes, Premier Home Builder of Brevard & Volusia County, just recently joined Pinterest and “boy oh boy” are there some fun DIY projects, Home Décor ideas and many other categories to choose from. With that being said, one of the trends we keep seeing is these beautiful photo arrangement ideas and creative ways to get those same professional looks in your own custom built home. Whether it is next to a staircase, in the living room, in the master bedroom or even the office this is good information worth sharing!
- Stick with a basic color palette- choose accent frames with bright colors to liven up the area or stay neutral to match your existing custom home decor
- Mix art & photographs- wall art like flowers, hand painted pictures, inspirational quotes, mirrors and even wall candles add great visual stimulation to any room in your home
- Group smaller things together- if you have a few of the same size photos group them together by 3 for more uniformity
- Throw in an unframed object like a monogram letter or floral arrangement
- Add mats to your smaller pictures to make them appear larger
- Mix and match your frames in styles and size- try vertical and horizontal frames too
- Space all of your pictures out equally- whichever room in your home you are decorating choose a focal point and keep the frames and art organized tightly together
- Try all black and white photos- this idea creates a more dramatic look or even print all photos in sephia and use antique frames for a vintage luxury home feel
- Put larger items in the middle and work outwards with smaller frames and art- this could help you choose the perfect layout and shape you ultimately desire, like square, rectangular or even circular overall appearance
- Use butchers paper or old wrapping paper to outline your frames first and tape on to the wall before hammering any nails, that way you can adjust them as need without damaging the walls of your new home.
Lastly, do your research and don’t be afraid to experiment with your creativity. This is your brand new custom built home and should reflect your uniqueness.
Follow us (http://www.pinterest.com/jasonstanley568/
Pic courtesy of Pinterst
East Coast, FL Home Builder Stanley Homes – Jason Stanley, OWNER Stanley Homes is one of the areas fastest growing new home builders. We specialize in affordable custom homes on the East Coast of Florida in areas including Melbourne, Fl., New Smyrna Beach, Fl., Suntree, Fl., Viera, Fl., Rockledge, Fl., Malabar, Fl., Titusville, Fl., and throughout Brevard & Volusia County, Fl. Call us 321-684-7761